Heavenly Vegan Banana Bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Bake Time: 60-70 minutes. Make a moist and flavorful vegan banana bread with ripe bananas, vegan butter, flaxseed, and flour. Perfect for breakfast or dessert, it's a quick and easy recipe that serves a generous portion.
This vegan banana bread offers more than just great taste. It provides numerous health benefits as well. The ripe bananas used in this recipe are a fantastic source of essential vitamins and minerals, including potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6. These nutrients support heart health, boost the immune system, and promote overall well-being.
By using vegan butter or coconut oil, this recipe eliminates unhealthy saturated fats found in traditional recipes, making it a heart-healthy option. The addition of flaxseed, rich in omega-3 fatty acids and fiber, adds a nutritional boost to the bread. The fiber content aids in digestion and helps maintain a healthy gut.
Furthermore, this vegan banana bread can be customized with vegan yogurt or applesauce, offering a dairy-free and cholesterol-free alternative. The use of whole-grain flour adds extra fiber, promoting satiety and supporting digestive health.
So, indulge in this delectable vegan banana bread while reaping the benefits of its wholesome ingredients. Treat yourself to a guilt-free delight that nourishes your body and tantalizes your taste buds.
• 3 ripe bananas
• 1/2 cup vegan butter or coconut oil, melted
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 6 tablespoons water (flaxseed egg substitute)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup vegan yogurt or applesauce
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment paper.
2. In a small bowl, mix the ground flaxseed with water and set it aside to thicken, creating a flaxseed egg substitute.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork or potato masher until smooth.
4. Add the melted vegan butter or coconut oil, sugar, flaxseed egg substitute, and vanilla extract to the bananas. Stir until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry mixture to the banana mixture, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
6. Gently fold in the vegan yogurt or applesauce. This will help keep the bread moist and tender.
7. If desired, fold in the chopped walnuts or pecans, reserving a few for topping.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Smooth the top with a spatula and sprinkle the remaining nuts on top.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the bread starts to brown too quickly, you can loosely cover it with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning.
10. Once baked, remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
11. Slice and serve the vegan banana bread as desired. It's delicious on its own or with vegan butter or cream cheese alternatives.
Enjoy your homemade vegan banana bread!