Vegan Banana Pancakes
Indulge in these fluffy vegan banana pancakes, perfect for a leisurely breakfast. With a preparation time of 20 minutes, easy to make, and serving two people, these pancakes are a delightful treat.
Ripe bananas are a great source of potassium, which aids in maintaining proper heart function and muscle health. These pancakes, made with whole wheat flour, provide complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber, supporting sustained energy release and a healthy digestive system.
• 1 ripe banana, mashed
• 1 cup plant-based milk (such as soy milk or coconut milk)
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Pinch of salt
• Coconut oil or cooking spray for greasing the pan
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the mashed banana, plant-based milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
3) Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
4) Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it with coconut oil or cooking spray.
5) Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the skillet for each pancake.
6) Cook for 2-3 minutes on one side, or until small bubbles form on the surface.
7) Flip the pancakes and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
8) Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
9) Serve the pancakes warm with your choice of toppings, such as sliced bananas, maple syrup, or vegan butter.