Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers
Transport your taste buds to the Mediterranean with these colorful and wholesome Stuffed Bell Peppers—a delightful vegan dinner option that's both satisfying and nutritious. These vibrant peppers are filled with a flavorful mixture of quinoa, vegetables, and aromatic herbs, making it a perfect dish for a hearty and well-balanced meal.
Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers offer a range of health benefits from their nutritious ingredients. Bell peppers are rich in vitamins A and C, providing immune-boosting properties and supporting healthy skin.
Quinoa is a complete protein and a good source of fiber, promoting satiety, muscle repair, and aiding digestion.
The vegetables in this dish, such as tomatoes and spinach, are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, contributing to overall health and well-being.
The herbs and spices, like oregano and garlic, not only add delightful flavors but also offer potential anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties.
• 4 bell peppers (assorted colors)
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• 2 cups fresh spinach
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Vegan cheese shreds (optional), for topping
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Slice off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place the hollowed peppers in a baking dish and set aside.
2) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
3) Add the diced zucchini and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
4) Stir in the cherry tomatoes, fresh spinach, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the spinach wilts and the tomatoes soften.
5) Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the cooked quinoa, combining all the ingredients well.
6) Spoon the quinoa and vegetable mixture into the hollowed bell peppers, pressing it down gently to fill the peppers completely.
7) If desired, sprinkle vegan cheese shreds on top of each stuffed pepper.
8) Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the bell peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
9) Remove from the oven, uncover, and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Mediterranean Stuffed Bell Peppers as a wholesome and flavorful vegan dinner.