Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry
Treat your taste buds to the irresistible flavors of this Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry. With a preparation time of just 25 minutes, you can enjoy a quick and delicious vegan dinner that's packed with protein, vegetables, and the umami goodness of teriyaki sauce.
Tofu is a versatile plant-based protein that aids in muscle repair and growth, while the assortment of vegetables in this stir-fry provides essential nutrients, antioxidants, and fiber for optimal digestion and overall well-being.
• 1 block of firm tofu, pressed and cubed
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
• 2 tablespoons maple syrup or agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot powder
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1 tablespoon grated ginger
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 bell pepper, sliced
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1 cup snap peas
• 2 green onions, sliced
• Sesame seeds, for garnish
• Cooked rice or noodles, for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce or tamari, maple syrup or agave nectar, rice vinegar, and cornstarch or arrowroot powder to make the teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
2) In a large skillet or wok, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook until golden and slightly crispy on all sides. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
3) In the same skillet, add the grated ginger and minced garlic. Stir-fry for about 1 minute until fragrant.
4) Add the sliced bell pepper, mushrooms, broccoli florets, and snap peas to the skillet. Stir-fry for about 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
5) Return the tofu to the skillet and pour the teriyaki sauce over the tofu and vegetables. Stir gently to coat everything in the sauce. Cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens slightly.
6) Serve the Teriyaki Tofu Stir-Fry over cooked rice or noodles. Garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.