Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
These Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers are not only visually appealing but also a nutritional powerhouse. Packed with protein-rich quinoa, vibrant bell peppers, and a medley of vegetables, this recipe offers a well-rounded meal that supports digestion, provides essential vitamins, and satisfies your taste buds.
Quinoa is a complete protein, containing all essential amino acids, making it ideal for muscle repair and growth. Bell peppers are loaded with vitamin C, an antioxidant that supports immune function, and the combination of vegetables provides fiber for a healthy digestive system.
• 4 bell peppers (any color)
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 carrot, diced
• 1 zucchini, diced
• 1 cup mushrooms, diced
• 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Vegan cheese (optional), for topping
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and remove the seeds and membranes. Place them in a baking dish.
2) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
3) Add the diced carrot, zucchini, and mushrooms to the skillet. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
4) Stir in the cooked quinoa, diced tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to combine.
5) Spoon the quinoa and vegetable mixture into the hollowed-out bell peppers, filling them to the top. If desired, sprinkle vegan cheese on top of each pepper.
6) Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through.
7) Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
8) Enjoy the delicious and nutritious Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers as a satisfying vegan lunch option.