Tempeh Avocado Burger with Smoky Chipotle Sauce
Sink your teeth into the Tempeh Avocado Burger with Smoky Chipotle Sauce—a flavorful and satisfying vegan lunch option that can be prepared in just 30 minutes. This burger features a hearty tempeh patty, creamy avocado slices, and a smoky chipotle sauce that adds a delightful kick to every bite.
Tempeh is a nutrient-dense soy product that offers plant-based protein, fiber, and essential amino acids. It can support muscle growth, help maintain bone health, and aid in digestion. Avocado is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats, vitamins, and minerals, providing anti-inflammatory benefits and promoting satiety. The chipotle sauce, made with smoky peppers, adds depth of flavor and may boost metabolism due to its capsaicin content.
For the tempeh patty:
• 8 ounces tempeh
• 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• Salt and pepper, to taste
For the smoky chipotle sauce:
• 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Salt, to taste
For assembling the burger:
• 4 burger buns
• 1 ripe avocado, sliced
• Lettuce, tomato slices, and red onion slices (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) Start by preparing the tempeh patty. Crumble the tempeh into a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, soy sauce, tomato paste, smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well until combined.
2) Shape the mixture into four patties of desired thickness.
3) Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium heat and lightly grease with oil. Cook the tempeh patties for about 4-5 minutes per side until golden brown and heated through.
4) While the patties cook, prepare the smoky chipotle sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together the vegan mayonnaise, adobo sauce, lime juice, smoked paprika, and salt until smooth.
5) Toast the burger buns if desired.
6) To assemble the burgers, spread a generous amount of the smoky chipotle sauce on the bottom half of each bun. Place a tempeh patty on top, followed by avocado slices and any additional toppings of your choice.
7) Finish by topping with the remaining half of the bun.
8) Serve the Tempeh Avocado Burger with Smoky Chipotle Sauce alongside a side salad or fries for a satisfying vegan lunch.