Ultimate Budget-Friendly Vegan Soy-Free Quinoa Burger
Satisfy your cravings for a delicious, healty and budget-friendly plant-based burger with this soy-free chickpea quinoa burger recipe. Packed with protein-rich ingredients like chickpeas and quinoa, this soy-free burger is not only flavorful but also provides essential nutrients to support your well-being. Ready in 45 minutes, including 20 minutes of preparation and 25 minutes of cooking time, this recipe makes 4 satisfying burgers.
The soy-free chickpea quinoa burger provides a nutrient-rich meal. Chickpeas are an excellent source of plant-based protein, fiber, and various essential minerals, such as iron, folate, and manganese. Quinoa, often referred to as a "superfood," is a complete protein that provides all nine essential amino acids. It also contains dietary fiber, antioxidants, and minerals like magnesium and phosphorus. Together, chickpeas and quinoa create a nutritious patty that supports muscle health, digestion, and overall well-being. By opting for a soy-free burger, you can enjoy the benefits of plant-based protein without relying on soy-based products.
For the burger patties:
• 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1 cup cooked quinoa
• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tablespoons olive oil (for cooking)
For the burger assembly:
• 4 burger buns
• Lettuce leaves
• Sliced tomatoes
• Sliced red onion
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher until chunky.
2) Add the cooked quinoa, red onion, parsley, minced garlic, nutritional yeast, chickpea flour, lemon juice, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
3) Divide the mixture into four equal portions and shape each portion into a patty.
4) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
5) Cook the burger patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
6) Remove the patties from the skillet and let them cool slightly.
7) Assemble the burgers by placing a patty on the bottom half of each burger bun.
8) Top with lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, red onion, and pickles.
9) Place the top half of the bun on the burger to complete the assembly.