Veg Spring Rolls
Prepare these fresh and flavorful vegan spring rolls in just 30 minutes with our easy-to-follow recipe. Packed with colorful vegetables and wrapped in delicate rice paper, these spring rolls make a perfect light and healthy lunch option. With their combination of flavors and textures, they are sure to satisfy your cravings while providing a nutritious meal. This recipe serves 2-3 people.
Veg spring rolls offer an array of health benefits. The rainbow assortment of vegetables provides a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to support your immune system and overall well-being. The rice paper used as the wrapper is gluten-free and low in calories, making it a suitable choice for individuals with dietary restrictions. By choosing fresh, plant-based ingredients, you're nourishing your body with fiber, phytonutrients, and essential nutrients while enjoying a light and satisfying meal.
• 8-10 rice paper wrappers
• 1 medium carrot, julienned
• 1 small cucumber, julienned
• 1 bell pepper (any color), thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
• 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
• 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
• Dipping sauce of your choice (such as soy sauce, peanut sauce, or sweet chili sauce)
HOW TO MAKE IT
1) Prepare all the vegetables by washing, peeling, and julienning them into thin strips.
2) Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one rice paper wrapper into the water for about 5-10 seconds until it softens.
3) Carefully remove the rice paper from the water and place it on a clean, damp kitchen towel or a plate.
4) Arrange a small amount of each vegetable, cilantro, mint, and chopped peanuts (if using) in the center of the rice paper, leaving about 2 inches of space on each side.
5) Fold the bottom edge of the rice paper over the filling, then fold in the sides, and roll it tightly like a burrito.
6) Repeat the process with the remaining rice paper wrappers and filling ingredients.
7) Serve the spring rolls immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.